Pending approval by several City of Los Angeles authorities, the Academy of Magical Arts is planning to re-open the Magic Castle this coming weekend. Once these approvals are given, the first night of this "soft opening" will be announced.
The current plan is to open the Castle under some special conditions:
- The historic Lane Mansion portion of the Castle will be closed; only the Glover Annex portion will be available, including the Palace of Mystery theater, the Parlour of Prestidigitation, the Inner Circle area and, thankfully, our world-famous William Larsen Sr. Library.
- Due to our limited capacity, this opening will be for “Members + 1”; only members presenting valid membership cards will be admitted, with up to one guest. Since portions of the Castle will still be closed, and the Academy only wishes to give its guests the best possible "Castle Experience", no unescorted guests will be admitted for the time being.
- Again, due to our limited capacity, we ask that all members call our reservation desk before coming up to the club; while we can’t serve dinner, our reservation desk can “count noses” and thus advise you as to whether we can accommodate your arrival.
- Our normal dress code will be in full effect.
- A new "Inferno Fund" is being started, and members wishing to financially help the Academy will be given the opportunity to do so throughout the annex during this opening.
To repeat: This opening is dependent on getting approvals by several city authorities, which are expected soon but have not yet arrived. For the most recent information, please check our Website (www.MagicCastle.com) for more details as they become available.