Wednesday, April 14, 2010

JONATHAN PENDRAGON RELEASED FROM JAIL


According to the Santa Maria Times,

A world-famous illusionist was released from San Luis Obispo County Jail today and sentenced to five years felony probation for shooting a gun at his wife during a heated argument last year.

Claude Yarbrough, also known as Jonathan Pendragon, his stage name, was released after serving 245 days in county jail for the attempted shooting.

He pleaded no contest last month to two felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon for the July 8 shooting at the couple's home in Huasna.

A no-contest plea is similar to a guilty plea in felony cases, although it is not an admission of guilt.

During today's sentencing hearing, Yarbrough said that he never meant to hurt his wife and wished the shooting incident never happened. Charlotte Yarbrough, also known as Charlotte Pendragon, wasn't at the hearing.

If the illusionist violates his probation by contacting Charlotte directly or indirectly, he will be sentenced to time in state prison.

"I don't know how to emphasize this enough but if you have contact with your wife I am not going to blink when I send you to prison," Superior Court Judge John Trice told Yarbrough.

Prior to Yarbrough's arrest last year, the Pendragons had performed together for more than 27 years before audiences including the president of the United States, the queen of England, the Prince of Wales and the royal family of Monaco. The duo also had performed numerous shows at the Clark Center for the Performing Arts in Arroyo Grande.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]